The Academy Scholarship is awarded to any person who is registered in The Academy program. This award in in recognition of an individual’s true desire to pursue a career in hairstyling or esthetics and become an ambassador for the Academy.
Eligibility requirements are:
- Applicant must be 18 years of age at commencement of the Program
- Applicant must be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant.
- Applicant will have graduated from High School or an equivalent
- Applicant must demonstrate outstanding qualities in the areas of leadership, community spirit,
Volunteering at a salon/spa and a commitment and desire to be part of the beauty industry
-Applicant must complete the application.
The amount of the scholarship is $1000.00 which can only be applied to a student tuition provided a student completes and graduates. The number of scholarships awarded may vary from year to year.
1. Applicant must have successfully completed The Academy’s screening process, and have registered in the program.
2. The Academy Selection Committee will consider the following for purposes of awarding scholarships:
- Community Service
- Previous School Attendance
- Attitude and Aptitude
- Personal need
- Volunteer Work
- Results of the Entrance Exam and Screening Interviews
3. Student will be informed by letter of their award.
4. You must successfully complete the Diploma Program to receive the credit for the scholarship.
5. The Academy Scholarship credit will be applied towards the tuition of the Diploma Program.
6. If the recipient leaves the institution or does not successfully complete the Diploma Program, they are responsible for the full financial obligation of the program to the date of their withdrawal. They have voided the Scholarship Agreement and will receive no credit towards their tuition.
7. If the recipient must delay their start date for any reason, the scholarship will become null and void.